This is a complete rewrite from scratch of the FMV game Late Shift from CtrlMovie studio. It runs on OpenFMV engine, an FMV game engine wrote from scratch to mimic Wales Interactive engine used for their FMV games.
Late Shift is a high stakes FMV crime thriller. Forced into a brutal London heist, your choices matter in this interactive cinematic experience with adaptable storylines that lead to one of seven conclusions. Your decisions are you.
- Install libshacccg.suprx, if you don't have it already, by following this guide.
- Install lateshift.vpk.
- Grab the Subtitles folder from your purchased copy of the game and place it in ux0:data/Late Shift.
- Place video_process.bat inside the folder of your purchased copy of the game and run it (you'll need to install ffmpeg if you don't have it already).
- Install Total Commander and its PSARC plugin.
- Launch Total Commander and navigate up to your purchased copy of the game main folder.
- Right click on Converted folder; it will turn red.
- Click on File -> Pack.
- Set psarc as Compressor and then click on Configure button right below.
- Set PSARC Version to 1.3, Compression to ZLIB and Ratio to 0 and press OK.
- Press OK to launch the compression, it will create a file in C:\Converted.psarc. (If you get an error, manually change the location in the command line string psarc: DESTINATIONFOLDER\Converted.psarc).
- Place the resulting psarc file in ux0:data/Late Shift named as Videos.psarc.
- Download and install AssetStudio
- Launch AssetStudioGUI and click on File -> Load File.
- Open the file LateShift_Data/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/audio with it.
- Click on Export -> All assets and select an empty folder where to extract the assets.
- Place audio_process.exe and msys-2.0.dll in the same folder where you extracted the assets and run it.
- Copy the resulting oggs folder in ux0:data/Late Shift.
- (Optional) For trophies to be unlockable, install NoTrpDRM.
About the author
I'm a long time PSVita homebrew developer principally focusing on game and emulator ports. I'm also the creator and lead developer of vitaGL, an openGL wrapper/high level driver for PSVita allowing to provide hardware acceleration for graphics to PSVita homebrew.